Webinar: Friday, April 8, 2016 at 2:00 PM EST / 11:00 AM PST.
Presented by Robin Heppell, CFSP
With markets becoming more competitive amongst funeral homes and client families being less loyal than past generations, the skill of winning phone shoppers is more important that ever.
The problem is that most funeral homes are not using one of the most valuable one – two punch combinations available to them – their phone and their website. Many think that phone shoppers and online shoppers are exclusive of each other.
The reality is that most shoppers won’t make their final decision without using both the Internet and then the phone because most funeral home websites are not set up to win shoppers.
How can funeral homes capitalize on this opportunity of competitors websites not being “shopper-friendly” and winning over potential client family members who haven’t gotten all of their questions answered online?
Robin Heppell has helping funeral homes win phone shoppers for two decades – originally in the highly-competitive market of Victoria, BC.
During the last ten years with client funeral homes throughout North America with their websites and winning calls with Google AdWords – both on their website and over the phone.
Plus, Heppell co-authored the training program, Price Shopper Secrets 2.0 with Mike Kubasak.
This session will focus on three main areas:
- The reason why funeral homes should develop a strategy to help win phone shoppers with the assistance of their website
- What information funeral homes need to supplement their existing website and other resources the staff will need to turn these phone shoppers into client families
- How to execute the strategy by walking callers through the funeral home website, revealing hidden pages or information meant to build rapport and when to “ask for the call”
Plus Heppell will cover a series of “What if” scenarios and what to say when faced with those situations.
The objective of this training session is to give the funeral director strategy, resources and skills to help win more phone shoppers with the assistance of the funeral home website.
After completing this training session, the attendee will have a better understanding what do ask future phone shoppers, what to do if they have Internet access and even what to do if they don’t.
The attendee will be equipped with the knowledge and confidence to better handle phone shoppers in the future. They will know what to say and what to ask whether the caller is a information seeker or focused price shopper. They will also know what to do if they feel the shopper slipping away through their fingers.
The attendee will also receive handouts of the presentation, plus:
- Worksheets and content to be added to your website
- Templates to create cost comparison charts for both internal comparisons and comparison with competitors
- Telephone scripts and sample questions to ask phone shoppers (before giving out prices)
- Email scripts for sending backup information and the very successful end-of-the-day email that builds huge trust and rapport
After implementation of this strategy, the funeral home will not only win more phone shoppers, but will also increase funeral averages as shoppers will be introduced to more service options and merchandise selections than what normal phone shoppers are exposed to.
Academy of Professional Funeral Service Practice APPROVED – 3 CEUs!